Are you looking for the FaceTime app for your Windows PC? If yes, you have arrived at the right place then!
FaceTime is an ultra-advanced app that runs on iPhones, iPads, and other iOS devices. The app runs over your cellular data or Wi-Fi network which means that you don’t pay anything to use this service. You can use your iPad, iPhone, or Mac to make a FaceTime call to anyone across the globe who is also using an Apple device. Apple has also made a lot of improvements in FaceTime, and that has made this app even better and smoother than ever. Overall, FaceTime is a free app that lets you call your family and mates across the globe for free.
You should be able to download the app for your Windows PC from the download button provided below:
Till now only iOS and MAC users were able to use the FaceTime app, but now there are a lot of talks in the town that you can use FaceTime for Windows PC too, and most users are going crazy over it.
Yes, I admit that FaceTime is a lot better when it comes to the video quality and features available to use while calling. Moreover, you can add up to 32 people at a time in a single call, so all your friends can join the calling group with you.
In this article, I will answer whether you can download FaceTime for Windows PC! If yes, then how you can do it while maintaining your safety and preventing downloading trash applications which can crash your PC.
Requirements for FaceTime to Run on Windows PC:
Before you proceed to download FaceTime on your Windows, you need to understand the key requirements, which are as follows:
- The windows version must be updated and running at XP of the greater version.
- The speed of the CPU must be greater than 1GHZ
- Windows mist has a built-in camera; otherwise, it finely supports a portable camera.
- The minimum RAM should be 2GB or above.
- Be sure that you have a microphone for audio calling. You can also use built-in microphones and headphones.
- You must have internet connectivity
Features of FaceTime:
FaceTime is a great app made for high-definition video calling. Some of the coolest features offered the FaceTime are as follows:
- Clean interface, which makes it interactive for the FaceTime users
- FHD visual graphic is the key component
- Easy to use and manage the contact list
- Connect anytime and anywhere with your friends and family persons
- Make your favorite contact list to reach them with a single click
- Call free of cost and stay connected with your friends
- Group video calling with which you can communicate with numerous people at one time
- Text to the users directly from the app
- Spammer alerts and blocked contact from the list
- Connected different devices such as Windows, PC, iPhone, iPod, iPad, and Mac
How To Use Facetime On Windows PC?
Here is the only method to use the facetime app on a windows PC:
- Open the FaceTime app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Mac (Be sure that your device runs on the latest version, such as iOS 15)
- Now select “create the link” on FaceTime. If you’re unable to create a link, update your operating system.
- Now, Tap on “Copy”. This will copy the web address of the FaceTime on your device. Paste this link into a message box or email box or WhatsApp and send it to yourself.
- Now, locate this link in your Windows PC and open it in your Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser.
- On your Windows, users need to define a particular name. Tap on “Continue”
- Last, the person who shares the link with you may need to provide access to the invitee checking the checkmark present next to their name.
- So, now you will be able to connect to the FaceTime app within your browser on your Windows pc.
Why Shouldn’t You Download third-Party Emulators?
A lot of users say that they are using iPadian to use FaceTime on Windows. But these claims turn out to be false, as a lot of users reported that they are unable to use this emulator.
There are some risks associated with downloading third-party emulators, and the biggest one is the threat to security. Windows is a secure platform, and so is iOS, but using an emulator can lead to breaches in security.
Moreover, this emulator can make your PC slow if you are using a device with lesser RAM and an old processor. All in all, you should avoid downloading emulators if possible, because it is not the best and safest way to use FaceTime.
Facetime Alternatives for Windows PC:
Yes, if you are not able to use FaceTime on your Windows device, then there is no need to worry. There are some reliable alternatives available that will offer high-quality voice and video calls throughout the world. Here are the alternatives you can download and install on your Windows PC.
Skype is the only choice of users when it comes to business-related calls. There are billions of Skype users across the globe, and you can be one of them after downloading it for free. Also, you can record Skype calls without spending a penny, which comes as an additional benefit. Lastly, you can make calls on phone numbers as well, but that is a paid service.
2. Google Hangouts:
Most of you may know Google Hangouts as a chat platform. Well, it is a chat as well as video calling platform. You can even download Hangouts on your Android device to keep the record of text conversations on your smartphone as well. Hangouts work with your Gmail account directly, and you can use it without downloading anything.
With IMO, you will get excellent encryption and security between your calls and chats. You can download IMO for Android, iOS, and Windows on the go without paying anything as it is a free application.
WeChat is a common app in China because people there don’t use Whatsapp. You can download WeChat from the Microsoft official store to start making video calls and text chats with your friends and family. WeChat is a free app and comes with tons of exciting emojis and effects.
There are some of the best alternatives to FaceTime, and using them will not compromise with your security in any way! Download these apps on your Windows PC and start making video calls throughout the world to your loved ones.
How to Use Facetime on Mac?
If you have MAC, then you don’t have to look for Facetime alternatives for PC. Before some time Facetime was available only for mobile devices, but with the latest MAC OS, you can also run it on your MAC devices. There are chances that this app is not installed or activated on your MAC machine, so you will have to do it manually. You can follow the below steps to set up Facetime on MAC.
- First of all press Command + Space and type FaceTime.
- If your Facetime service is not enabled, then just press Turn On.
- Once it is turned on, just open the Facetime app.
- Now you will have to sign-in with your Apple ID.
- Once done, you will be able to set your account for making calls.
- Now enjoy Facetime with your Friends & Family!
There is no Facetime app/software made for windows OS, so you cant install facetime on Windows PC
Yes, its completely safe because you can just use facetime on windows PC via browser only.
As we told earlier that Facetime app for PC is not officially available, so if a website is providing that then don’t download it. If you want to use Facetime for PC then you can follow the above mentioned methods as they are working perfectly. If you know about any other method or trick to get Facetime on PC then do let us know about them via comments below.